Sunrise Friendship Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunrise Friendship Forum

Sunrise Friendship Forum is a forum for the whole family! Relax, chat and make new friends.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nugget
User
nugget

Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget Empty
PostSubject: Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget   Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2018 3:18 am

Hello, All! Seems like a hundred years since I was here last. I recognise the names. Hopefully you All will be interested in picking up where we left off. The last post of mine seems to have  been Feb 28, 2016. LOL! Seems like an Eternity.

A lot has hppenend in my life during that time.

2016 - two surgeries - knee replacement and breast mastectomy. All very successful, thank God. After each hospital visit I spent time in a Convalescent / Nursing Home for a couple of weeks. Quite an experience! All good!

2017 - Decided to sell my house and make a new beginning. House sold for way over the asking price. Was able to buy another house that I could only dream of.

2018 - Have  been living in my new house for exacly a year now. The house is a bungalow, built in the '30's - very quirky and "different". Needs work doing, but overall a very solid, clean, well decorated house with garden.  I feel blest.

Thanks to Supermod for ressurrecting this forum. Hopefully we will have a reunion of all of our familiar Friends very soon.  Hoping you all have been keeping well. Am looking forward to hearing how you have been. Love. Nugget.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steel bat
Admin
Admin
steel bat

PostSubject: Re: Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget   Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello Nugget, really great to see you here.
I am retired now and Mrs bat and myself have now been living in Suffolk for a little over four years, also in a bungalow.
Age catches up with us all and we've both had some health problems though we seem okay at the moment.
Since the membership drifted away, I had been keeping the role of caretaker, answering the odd post of the occasional visitor and clearing away any spam posted. up until a few months ago when the forum suddenly went offline, even to myself as an admin, and has now only just re-appeared.
The Sunrise name goes back many years and I am hoping too that some of the members filter back and we can revive the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://steelbat.weebly.com
nugget
User
nugget

PostSubject: Re: Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget   Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 11:15 pm

Great to hear from you, steel bat! Congratulations to you and mrs. bat on your retirement. Re Retirement, I always say "The best is yet to come!" So be it for you!

Thanks for keeping Sunrise alive. Paul aka Mars aka Opollo, was such a "personality" around here. Sadly, once he had passed a way, the Life seemed to go out of the place. Hopefully that's now about to change and we will be up and running again very soon.

I had taken a break from a number of forums, including some of my own, for all of that period which I described above. I am now ready to get up and running again.

For a while, there seemed to be a dip in the popularity of forums. A lot seemed to be repetitive between one forum and another. Forums were seeming to be a bit "old hat". I don't know what it is, but I feel that's about to change and there is some fresh energy in the air bringing a new surge to all of these forums. On the whole, the people who frequent forums, seem to be a decent lot, and that's something worth cherishing, IMO.

Looking forward to being more involved here from now on. Wishing you and mrs. bat a happy, healthy, exciting future. Love. Nugget.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget   Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return of Rip Van Winkle aka Nugget
Page 1 of 1